FYI...I am stealing this verbatim (via the high tech copy/paste option) from some dude named Darren Barefoot: http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2007/03/29-really-geeky-baby-names.html
Funniest part (or geekiest part)...our girl name is on this list!
1) Strider - It could have been worse, he could’ve been named Pippin.
2) Arwen - Again, it could have been Eowyn. Plus, it’s quite a pretty name.
3) Lestat - “I can’t understand why junior keeps wearing all that white makeup…”
4) Neo - You might as well name the kid “Jesus”.
5) Keanu - See above.
6) Nikita - Apparently from the Elton John song, not from La Femme Nikita, but we can hope.
7) Nero - “Son, you’re named for a a Roman Emperor. No pressure.”
8) Maximus - See above.
9) Cosmo Ranger - I got nothing.
10) Eaton - Last name Seamen. Not so much geeky as just plain cruel.
11) Cleopatra Evita - Presumably she’s the daughter of drag queens.
12) Corran - Apparently a character in the Star Wars books.
13) Mara Jade - Another similarly non-movie Star Wars character.
14) Anakin - Bound to be a mouth breather.
15) Luke - Climbed the charts from 228th in the seventies to 42nd today.
16) Ada - Destined to work in a cubicle among smelly coding boys.
17) Wesley - Fairly common, but geeky when inspired by Star Trek.
18) Jadzia - Apparently in 1998, there were 27 baby girls named after Deep Space Nine’s Dax.
19) Ryker - In that same year, 80 baby boys were making Number One in their diapers.
20) B’elanna - Well, at least the apostrophe will simplify things.
21) Kirk - Apparently Kirk Cameron was named after the Shatnerian one.
22) Moon Unit - Thank you, Papa Zappa.
23) Amadeus - Retro geeky.
24) Mars - I know, it’s also a Greek god. But it gets dodgy when his sister is named Venus. And what if you named a kid Pluto and he got downgraded to a mere dwarf planet?
25) Ripley - Likes her machine gun with a flamethrower chaser.
26) Dade - This one’s pretty obscure (but apparently legit). I mean, how many people saw Hackers?
27) Damien - You know, like the Prince of Darkness? Rose in popularity thanks to The Omen.
28) Version 2.0 - Obvious, and apparently true.
Desi has a ton of words, now. However, he doesn't really know how to end most of them. For example: Milk is Muh. Kitty is Key. I lo...
Okay...since we have a new baby and have to pay over $1000/month (no, I didn't accidentally add a zero) for daycare, we have no extra mo...
If you have a kid in daycare, you know what I'm talking about, here. Daycare is NOT cheap. It's no wonder some women stop working al...