FYI...I am stealing this verbatim (via the high tech copy/paste option) from some dude named Darren Barefoot: http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2007/03/29-really-geeky-baby-names.html
Funniest part (or geekiest part)...our girl name is on this list!
1) Strider - It could have been worse, he could’ve been named Pippin.
2) Arwen - Again, it could have been Eowyn. Plus, it’s quite a pretty name.
3) Lestat - “I can’t understand why junior keeps wearing all that white makeup…”
4) Neo - You might as well name the kid “Jesus”.
5) Keanu - See above.
6) Nikita - Apparently from the Elton John song, not from La Femme Nikita, but we can hope.
7) Nero - “Son, you’re named for a a Roman Emperor. No pressure.”
8) Maximus - See above.
9) Cosmo Ranger - I got nothing.
10) Eaton - Last name Seamen. Not so much geeky as just plain cruel.
11) Cleopatra Evita - Presumably she’s the daughter of drag queens.
12) Corran - Apparently a character in the Star Wars books.
13) Mara Jade - Another similarly non-movie Star Wars character.
14) Anakin - Bound to be a mouth breather.
15) Luke - Climbed the charts from 228th in the seventies to 42nd today.
16) Ada - Destined to work in a cubicle among smelly coding boys.
17) Wesley - Fairly common, but geeky when inspired by Star Trek.
18) Jadzia - Apparently in 1998, there were 27 baby girls named after Deep Space Nine’s Dax.
19) Ryker - In that same year, 80 baby boys were making Number One in their diapers.
20) B’elanna - Well, at least the apostrophe will simplify things.
21) Kirk - Apparently Kirk Cameron was named after the Shatnerian one.
22) Moon Unit - Thank you, Papa Zappa.
23) Amadeus - Retro geeky.
24) Mars - I know, it’s also a Greek god. But it gets dodgy when his sister is named Venus. And what if you named a kid Pluto and he got downgraded to a mere dwarf planet?
25) Ripley - Likes her machine gun with a flamethrower chaser.
26) Dade - This one’s pretty obscure (but apparently legit). I mean, how many people saw Hackers?
27) Damien - You know, like the Prince of Darkness? Rose in popularity thanks to The Omen.
28) Version 2.0 - Obvious, and apparently true.
So, it's no secret on this page that I am rapidly pro-life. I don't beat around the bush on this topic. But, what you may not know...
The fam participated in the American Heart Association Heart Walk, yesterday. By the way...if you haven't donated, yet, you still can....
Desi has a ton of words, now. However, he doesn't really know how to end most of them. For example: Milk is Muh. Kitty is Key. I lo...
If you have a kid in daycare, you know what I'm talking about, here. Daycare is NOT cheap. It's no wonder some women stop working al...