It's about remembering what we have to be thankful for. And, boy do I have a lot to be thankful for.
Here are just 10, in no particular order:
- Life! I am thankful for life. Without it, I couldn't experience anything, much less the many blessings I've received. I know life life is hard, harder for some than others. But, overall, life is beautiful and I am thankful to be alive.
- My amazing little dude, Desmond. His is such a gift to me and my family. I know every parent is supposed to say things like that. But, I can't over emphasize how many times that kid makes me smile every day. And, as a sub-note, I am grateful that I have an amicable relationship with Shaundar so we can co-raise this young dude to grow into a good, strong man.
- My family. I have an amazing family. They've been there for me through everything. And my mom still drops everything to come up here and spend time with us in Washington. I look forward to spending time with my parents again this summer!
- My job! I am about to celebrate my 10th year at Microsoft. One of the life changing moments in my 37 years was when I started work at Microsoft. It's been an amazing ride and I look forward to the next 10.
- My team! I recently got reorged onto a new team. Some people dread reorgs, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous going into it. But...I landed in a great place, working with some amazing women that will make be better.
- My Kimmers! It's no secret that my divorce was hard. I never thought I would meet someone as amazing as Kim. Someone who shares my same values, someone who is amazing with my son, someone who brings me happiness that I have been missing for a long time and, finally, someone who is an amazing freakin' cook!
- My church! I have recently rediscovered my Catholicism. Not that I ever lost it, but I certainly didn't enjoy participating as much when I go alone and find certain things annoying. My church, Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Fr. Jack have reminded me that my faith is about love. Not about judgement. I am not your average Catholic (divorced, getting remarried, etc) but I am welcomed and accepted.
- My friends! You can't pick your family (but, I still got really lucky) but you can choose your friends. And, boy did I pick some friends. People I know I can count on under almost any circumstances. And, to make it even better, I am inheriting some great friends by marrying such a great lady!
- The Seattle Seahawks! Cuz, I man...come on! My team won a Superbowl this year! That was so rad.
- Our new house! We have a big back yard for Mr. Blind Quincy Pants. We are in a wonderful neighborhood and we are within walking distance of some of my favorite restaurants.
I am grateful for a lot, and I know that I am exceptionally blessed. I try to never take it for granted.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy your holidays!