Ok, it's time to get real, folks.
Do you have that friend or that family member that clearly lives the perfect life on Facebook and Instagram? I'm sure you do. The one with multiple kids. Their toddlers are always working on some kind of STEM project. Art is an every day thing. Bonding is easy, along with breastfeeding, bedtime, naptime, every time. Everyone is smiling and happy and #Blessed.
Yeah...you know that friend. Maybe you have more than 1.
I am here to tell you...your friend is a big fat lying liar!
Smoke and Mirrors! That's all it is!!! Because parenting is mother effing hard!!!
Imagine that, for the next 18 years, you would have to run a marathon every single day.
That would be easier than being a parent.
Imagine that you had to come up with a vaccine for Covid-19 in less than a year.
Easier than being a parent.
Imagine kicking off a space program and getting to the moon within 9 years.
HA! Try raising children!
Seriously, folks. Take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I forgotten to feed my child for more than 24 hours?
- Has my child fallen into the Grand Canyon?
- Has my child opened fire on any human beings?
- Is my child named Chad?
- Is my child actively trying to undermine American Democracy?
- Has my child ever passed up the opportunity to eat bacon?
- Does my child think cheerleading is a sport?
- Does my child say "I could care less?"
- Does my child enjoy movies staring Ashton Kutcher?
- Have I ever left my child with a stranger for more than 4 hours?