2018 has been interesting. I'll be honest...it's been pretty rough. Not 2012 rough, that's for sure. But, still...it will not go down as one of my favorites. Lack of sleep, stress, family issues, deaths. All in the rear view mirror, now.
Let's look forward, now. Here's what I am excited for in 2019!!!
- VACATION! Kim and I are taking a 10 day cruise in Feb. With no children!!! Don't get me wrong. I love my boys. But, being able to add "Sleep" and "Not needing to keep other humans alive" to my usual list of "No email, no phone calls and no commitments" is going to be very, very nice!
- My boys! I feel like I gotta back up that last bullet with this one. My kids are amazing! Sure, Owen doesn't let us sleep and Desmond appears to be hitting that emotional pre-pubescent stage. But, they are REALLY REALLY REALLY great boys. Like, really great! Opie is growing fast, talking up a storm and still loves to dish out hugs. Desmond is killing it in school (almost straight As) and starting to take up more hobbies that don't involve a screen. He's just wrapping up a dance class and is about to start volleyball. As with every year, I am excited to see how they grow.
- VACATION!!! Did I mention this already? Oh...well, I'm still excited!
- Politics! Just kidding...I'm not excited about that at all.
- My wife! I have an amazing wife. Probably the best wife in the world. I can't say for sure because I haven't met all wives. But, I have met a lot of them and I definitely scored! 2018 was tough for her, too. Much harder than it was for me. I am looking forward to more time together, just the 2 of us. We've committed to locking in a babysitter so we can enjoy more adult time. She deserves a better year. I am hoping to help contribute to it.
- Prayer. Yeah, yeah...hokey, whatever. But, I have been trying to really rediscover prayer. I pray frequently. But, there has rarely been much structure to it. If been trying to find more meditation and contemplation in my prayer. I have been busting out my rosary more often and really enjoy the time. I even found a Catholics at Google group that prays together over video conferencing once a week. I can only join once in a while, but when I do, I get a lot out of it.
- Interstellar space travel. Probably won't happen in 2019...but, it's coming!!! Maybe even in my lifetime! Might as well get excited about it, now!
- And, a lot more!
It's hard to list everything out. I have friends who have had personal triumphs that bring joy to my heart! I have others that have suffered personal tragedy. Cancer has reared it's ugly face again to a friend. Another friend is expecting a baby through a surrogate after many years of struggle.
Maybe it really is a great time to get back to my blog. Because no matter what, triumph, tragedy, heartbreak, love, success, failure, whatever...there is so much to be optimistic about. Life is beautiful!
Post a Comment