One Year With The Littlest Dude
This little dude turned 1 yesterday!!!!
On one hand...the time has flown by.
On the other hand...it totally hasn't! It feels like he's been here forever.
Here's some things we've learned about Owen Francis over the last 12 months.
- He is a VERY happy baby! Possibly the happiest I have ever met. This kid had an ear infection for weeks and we had no clue. Because he was always in good spirits.
- He LOVES his brother. Nobody makes this kid laugh like Desmond. NOBODY! Not me, not Kim, not Elmo. And, Desmond doesn't even need to work very hard for Opie's approval. He just needs to do a crazy dance. And Opie Cracks.The.Hell.Up!
- He is the best hugger. His hugs are amazing! And, it's not just the Pankows that think this way. Even his teachers and other daycare parents have commented on it. He is a Ph.D. in Hugging.
- He wants to be the loudest person in the room. Doesn't matter if he's sitting right next to you. He'll say what he has to say and he'll say it cranked up to 11.
- He doesn't like olives. Ok...I actually don't know if this is true or not. But, if he's my kid, he won't like olives.
- His favorite toy is that thing you don't want him to play with. Could be the TV remote, could be the laptop, could be a power outlet. Anything but his own toys.
- His favorite song is "Run, Baby, Run" by Casper Babypants.
- His 2nd favorite song is "The Hamilton Polka" by Weird Al. Ok, also don't know if this is true. But, let's pretend it is.
- He is very squirrely. He can't sit still. He's about 2 seconds from walking. When he figures that out, there will be no stopping him.
- He has the women in his life wrapped around his little finger. His mom, his grandmas, his teachers, the waitress at the restaurant, our real estate agent, the flight attendants, etc, etc, etc. Not his dad, though. I'm on to his antics!
It's been quite a ride this year. I asked Desmond how he has enjoyed his first year of being a brother. His response:
"I love it! Although...sometimes it's a bit stressful. But, good stressful."
Yup...I think that about sums it up! This is a good kid we have here. My genes must be amazing cuz I have the best kids. I'm excited to see what year 2 holds.