It won't go down as my worst year ever. That still belongs to 2012 and will be hard to top. But, 2016 was up there with years I won't miss.
There were some bright spots! Kim and I spent (another) week in Hawaii to kick it off. I started work at one of my favorite companies on the planet. Baby Owen popped in the oven.
What else? Hmmmm...can't really think of anything. I'm sure there is something.
Here are my lessons from the past year:
- No matter how much you are sure something can't happen, it can definitely happen.
- Hatred for one individual can blind every day people to even greater faults and flaws.
- I'm getting older. Faster than I ever have before.
- Co-parenting doesn't have to be as hard as many people make it out to be.
- The sound of 7 year olds talking in baby voices is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me.
- Star Wars is still amazing and I am still capable of being a complete geek over it.
- The fish market up the street doesn't taste as good when they jack their prices up.
- I can miss coworkers like I miss family.
- Nobody is perfect. Even the people you think are perfect are not. It just makes it harder to handle when they show their imperfections. But, it also humanizes them more.
- I need to learn how and when to say No.
So, there you go. I am optimistic that 2017 will be better for everyone. That is, unless Trump kills us all.
Peace be with you!
Post a Comment