So...my 2015. Easily one of the best years of my life if not THE best. Here's what went down.
- I got married! To an amazing woman! Not to kiss her butt too much, but there are times when I still wonder how the heck I got so lucky! How was she around at just the right time? Someone so fitting for me? Well, she was, Praise the Lord, and she is now Mrs. Pankow!
- Maui. I love Maui. I know this was for a wedding and junk. But, I will list Maui every single time I go there. Also...between you and me...WE'RE GOING BACK! In March! We love it so!
- Desmond continues to grow. And, in amazing ways. He is so smart. He is very caring. One night, Kim was sick. Sick enough to schedule a doctor appointment. Desmond handed her Bubba in the morning before he went to school so she wouldn't be lonely and would have something to comfort her at the doctor. Also, for his 7th birthday, in lieu of presents, he asked all of his friends to bring food for the West Seattle Food Bank. (This is one of the things I am late posting about).
- I got a new job! 10 years at Microsoft. Now, I am with Climate. It's still often weird to think that I am not a Microsoftie, anymore. But, I'll be honest...this was a great move. Both personally and professionally. Professionally, I am growing in new ways, working on new projects with new people. Personally...well. If my hair weren't already all gray, I might say the graying has stopped.
- Spent our first Chrismas with both sets of parents! (Another post I am late with.) And, nobody died!!! In fact, it was pretty awesome.
- Bought a house! Yup...Kim and I are official homeowners together! We bought the house we were renting. At an incredible deal, too. The owners were super nice. Like, super duper nice. They had started their family in this house and had made a lot of updates. They had to move because his job shut down their Seattle offices. So, they put their house up for rent. This year, when Kim and I started to discuss buying a place, we mentioned this to them and they were like, "Well...what if we sell you ours." They said they wanted to know it was going to a family who would take care of it. Not a builder who would just tear it down and built condos.
- A year is so long. What else did I do? I don't remember.
- Did I mention we went to Maui? And we're going back!!!
- The Seahawks lost the Superbowl. :-( But, they still have a chance to win in 2016!
- That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I should probably refer to my mother's Christmas letter as she keeps better tabs on what I do than I do.
Happy New Year, friends! Stay classy!