How grateful I am that 2014 turned out to be one of the best!
While it was overall a great year, not everything was happy. Below are the Top 10 biggest events of my year, in no particular order.
- I got engaged! Probably the most obvious. :-) I've said before, after my divorce, I figured I would never remarry. And then I met Kim. And, this summer, we get hitched!
- Hawaii! I got to spend a week with my little man, my folks and the person who would go from girlfriend to fiancee on the trip. An outstanding trip that will likely only be topped by next June's trip back to Hawaii!
- Desmond starts Kindergarten! KINDERGARTEN! Can you believe it?
- I got a promotion and a new job! Microsoft rewarded me this year with a promotion and a new role on the Global Recruiting team. While I am sad that I can no longer call myself an "Xbox Recruiter," I just went from supporting one team to supporting the whole company.
- On the sad side, my Grandpa died. I was very close to him. His mind deteriorated very quickly. I was able to spend some quality time with him just before he passed. I am very grateful for that.
- I moved! Kim and I are shacking up, now! We moved into a house in an awesome neighborhood. While the house is a little smaller than what I've been living in (and only ONE bathroom), it comes with a very nice backyard for kids and dogs. And, there are no more stabbings happening in my neighborhood.
- I got to meet long time "Internet" friends Emily and Dom. I've known Emily for almost 10 years now and met her husband Dom shortly after they got married. Only, I never actually "met" them face to face. Our relationship was all online via blogging and social media. However, I consider them very close friends. Finally, we got to meet in person in Colorado! I plan to make this a regular meeting. :-)
- I got to visit my super good buddies, Joey and Andy, and see my Goddaughter receive her 1st communion! I haven't visited since Maisie was little. Maybe 4 or 5. She's a big bad second grader now. AND...starring in commercials! She's famous! While down there, we also went to Disneyland and even took a trip to Legoland with my cousin Laura!
- Swimming with Sharks! Now, technically, this could probably be lumped under "Hawaii." But, it stands out as something particularly awesome. I WILL be doing this again, sometime.
- And, finally...THE SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPERBOWL! This is the first time I have ever had a championship team in my life! It feels great! And, they're on track to do it again!!!
So...thank you to everyone for being a part of 2014. It was great. And, you know what...2015 is on track to be even better.